Wednesday, August 27, 2008

baby shower!

After almost 3 weeks of delayed mail due to all of the hurricanes affecting either Florida or Haiti, we finally got a shipment of boxes yesterday! And what awesome boxes they were, with four separate boxes just celebrating Lily and giving Matt and I both the reminder of some of the more fun things about Lily coming!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the fun baby clothes and necessities!

Coffmans, thank you SO MUCH for the beautiful photo album and baby books, and for some adorable clothes, towels and washcloths!

Lori, this outfit is TOO CUTE, and I really don't know how you found a baby mosquito net! The hangers, too, came at the perfect time!

Laura, they finally came...you are already such an amazing aunt and sister to us three! And as promised, here's a couple photos of my ever-expanding midsection!

Lisa, Matt LOVES the overall dress, and the CD's and candy got me through our first long day of meetings today!
And Patty, the maternity clothes, not to mention the mango pop-tarts and twizzlers are all things I'm becoming quite dependent on :) You're wonderful...

You all are wonderful, and on top of the beautiful gifts, we are so thankful for everyone's encouragement and prayers! I felt a little saddened this week looking at what will be Lily's room...wanting to decorate and go "all out", and instead not even being able to go to Target or somewhere when I'm feeling hot, fat, sore and tired to buy a pair of baby socks! So these gifts blessed me so much...The Lord knows what I need, and sent these gorgeous things through you all to remind me that even though I can't do some fun "baby things" He's still taking care of us and blessing us in other ways!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Stacey -

Glad things arrived - I just don't think I can send a box to Haiti again without "something" for Lily!!

Matt and you look great (and we are all glad that Lily is "growing").

Take care and think cool thoughts!

Love you all!! Lori

Casey, Laura, Nico, & Lucia said...

Yay! I am so happy that you got all sorts of good things for Lily. You look GREAT!. I love the belly.

Love you guys!
Laura