Monday, September 8, 2008

month 6!

Friday we hit the 24 week mark! One of my students is 26 weeks pregnant, and looks about 3 months more pregnant than I do, but I'm still feeling quite large. Thankfully, I'm also feeling better than I have in, well, months...finally not feeling sick anymore and aside from being a little tired and more clumsy, I feel good!

We began working on Lily's room this past weekend, getting rid of one of the guest beds that was there, giving away the termite infested closet doors, and trying to decide what furniture we could get here and which we need to register for. We are going to try to have a changing table/dresser built, but went on ahead and registered for a crib and car seat...I'm really not sure what a Haitian built car seat would look like :) Dad is coming in a few weeks, and has promised to paint her room, and I finally ordered some paint from Florida, though with the storms it may be a while getting in. It is fun to at least be working on the room!

Supposedly Lily is about 1.5 pounds now, and I can definitely feel the difference. I feel her kicking all hours of the day and night now, and she seems to be kicking a lot more! Time is really starting to fly now, and it's unbelievable to think how life will be changing in just a few short months!

3 comments:

Casey, Laura, Nico, & Lucia said...

Hey!
You look great! Have Matt give Lily a kiss from Casey and me. I can't wait to see pictures of the room.

Love ya!
Laura

Lori said...

You really do look good and I am glad you are feeling some better. I am certainly glad you two decided against the Haitian built car seat!

I am so glad to hear your dad is coming for a visit.

With all this kicking do we have a little soccer player on our hands?

These next few months will fly - take care of yourself!

Love and blessings.
Lori

Christy said...

You do look great, can't even tell you're expecting. My husband and I just found out we are expecting, too. Our blessing is set to arrive in May so we still have a long way to go. This will be the second child for us! Congrats to you and to Matt, you'll be amazing parents!