Friday, August 1, 2008

19 weeks!

We're happy 19 weeks today, and I just cannot imagine feeling any bigger than I do right now! According to all my books (and my dad) this is going to be a problem, because NOW is when I'm supposed to start really getting big :) Our 2 mile walk to and from the market today, even before the heat of the day, proved to be just a little much for Lily. I'm not sure if it was the heat, the hike, or the cow's snouts, sitting in the sun covered in flies, that really did me in, but I think next time I'll pay a neighbor kid to make the trip for me :)

We were also able to finally catch up with one of my dearest friends here, Madame Giselaine...She knocked on the door first thing because she was dying to see my "ti-vann", or small belly. She was in complete awe over the ultrasound pictures, raving over the miracles of science and of Our God. Everyone is quite disappointed to hear that we won't be having the baby here, but understand the concept of our families wanting us to be with them.

Giselaine will probably be the friend who will watch Lily while I am teaching from 8-9 each morning, so she seemed satisfied to know that she'll have as vital a part in Lily's life as she has already had in mine and in Matt's. We are so very blessed to have so many people around the world already praying and excited over this little one. We cannot wait to see what the Lord has in His perfect plan for her...

No comments: