Friday, August 22, 2008

22 weeks today!

Lily is supposed to be hitting the one pound mark this week! I'm still only 2 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight, but my belly keeps getting bigger and she is definitely getting stronger! She's still pretty calm during the day, but any hour of the night, now, Matt and I can both feel her dancing around. Not ballet or the waltz, more like the Can-Can!

Her eyelashes and eyebrows and taste-buds are all supposed to be forming this week, and all my books say that while she's been able to hear our voices for several weeks now, she can now distinguish Matt's and my voices from other voices...pretty crazy!

I was thoroughly scolded this week by a Haitian woman who saw me walk in the rain. Rain, apparently, is very very bad for pregnant women, as are stairs, the sunshine, heels greater than 1/4 inch, and standing for more than 2 minutes at a time! It also seems to be very appropriate for people to just stare at my stomach. Our students are starting to come back now, and instead of saying anything, like "Congratulations", they have just been staring at my belly while I am trying to talk to them, and then whenever I finally say, "So, you see we are pregnant", then they will talk about it...usually with, "I am so happy to see your stomach! I hope it is a boy!" It really is fun experiencing all of this in another culture...we'll have good stories to tell Lily :)

It's really starting to hit us how much life is going to be changing very soon now!

No comments: