Saturday, September 17, 2011

lizard butts, teeth and castles

Gertha's last day was Friday, and she really wanted a good photo of her with the girls.
 So to make Lily smile, I sang lots of songs she knows, but replaced every fifth word with "lizard butt."  
...which she thought was HILARIOUS.

Sofie's VERY favorite time of the day is bath time, but before I put her in the tub, she ADORES grinning at herself in the mirror and stomping her feet.
Meanwhile, Lily is REALLY into drawing circles right now, and is drawing them everywhere.  BUT, they are NOT circles, and do not call them circles.  They are all rocks.  Lots and lots of rocks.  

I keep telling myself that she is too young, but this girl has to be teething.  She is constantly gnawing on her fist, on her dresses, and now, on a teether.



 Lily loves gingersnaps.  But if she's gonna eat gingersnaps, she MUST have "her coffee" and then she dips and eats until you cut her off. It's a very serious thing.

Our newest "Lily says".

Yesterday Lily and I went out to visit a few friends, and I changed into a clean shirt before we left that hasn't fit for a while :)  It has a flower design on it, but the lines of the flower are all actually words.  I came out of the bedroom, and said, "Lil!  Ready to go?"

She stared at my shirt for a minute and then announced "Hey, your shirt is talking!"

Then this afternoon, she ran to Matt wanting to play one of her favorite games: sick.

"Poppy, Poppy, I broke my leg!  Please, take me to Mommy's bed, be the doctor, and put a castle on it."

"Castle?" Matt said.

"YEAH, Poppy.  Common, I broke it, I need a castle on it!"

Didn't have the heart to tell her that "cast" was what she was looking for.  Too much "Tangled" :)

I LOVE THESE GIRLS!

3 comments:

Casey, Laura, Nico, & Lucia said...

You're not going nuts. My cousin's daughter got her first tooth at 3 months. They really are all different:)

Love ya!
Laura

Amber said...

Love the castle lines :)

Lori said...

I LOVE your girls too!!!