Thursday, June 16, 2011

baby sister

It has been so fun to have a new baby through Lily's eyes.

The other morning we were all four in bed together, and for the hundredth time, she sighed, "I love my little sister!"

"I'm the big sister," she continued, "and you're the Poppy Sister, and you're the Mommy Sister, and Sofie's the little sister."

Every time Sofie cries, Lily runs over, pats her face and says, "Shhhhh, shhhhh, it's ok!  It's not scary!"  or "It's not going to hurt!" if we're changing her diaper.


In the car Lily will report frequently on what Sofie is doing in the backseat with her, and is always adoringly saying, "Aw, she's so cute!"

"I'm Lily and I'm 2!" she has started saying upon meeting people.  "And Sofie is a baby."

Meanwhile, Sofie is changing already...gaining weight, starting to work on her little personality, waking up for more than 10 minutes at a time, and starting to be able to focus on things.  Life just keeps getting harder: now with TWO little ones growing up too fast in front of my eyes!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I just knew Lily would be a good "Big Sister"!!