Friday, November 11, 2011

a day in the life for Stacey and Lily

4:33 am:  "Mommy?  Poppy?  My bed has lots of pee-pee up in it.  Can I sleep with you?"
4:34 am:  Sofie overhears, wants fed.  For the third time since 8 pm.  Matt strips Lily's bed.
4:45 am:  "Mommy, I want to go play.  Can we go play?"
4:47 am:  "Hey, I don't have any boogies in my nose!"
4:52 am:  "I'm just not sleepy, we should go play."
4:56 am:  "Poppy, tell me the bad-lady story with the apple."
5:00 am:  "It's time to get up now.  Tickle tickle!"
5:20 am:  Poppy gets up with Lily, who has now chattered non-stop for an hour.

Teaching.
Finances.
Meeting.
Airport run.
Two hours trying to get Lily to nap to no-avail, despite 4:30 wake up.
18 rolls.  1 pie.  1 salad.  1 pot of chili.  2 ice trays of baby food.  (6 chopped onions, 8 cups flour, 4 chopped peppers, 10 chopped tomatoes, 4 bleached chopped lettuce, 2 shredded carrot, pie filling, pie strudel, kneading, raise, roll, raise, squashed bananas, squashed avacado)
Seven spit-ups (at least) and two really awful diapers.
Coloring, side-walk chalk, "Calico's Kittens" and "The Bear Snores On" twice, pick up toys.  Pick up toys.  Pick up toys.
5 great dinner guests, 2 fussy dinner girls (no nap. no surprise.)
30 minutes of the Lion King, 2 baths (one VERY tearful.  again, no nap.)

8:00 pm.  Asleep, asleep.  Asleep, asleep!

No comments: