Sunday, November 13, 2011

the best part



"Mommy?  We should obey God needs to obey us."

"We need to obey God, hun?"


"YES.  We need to obey God.  Because....because...because of Jesus."

"Because it makes Jesus happy?"


"YES.  Because it makes Jesus happy in my heart."

"Jesus is in your heart?"




"YES."  (feeling her skin over her heart).   "UMMM.  I don't feel him!"

What a great opportunity.  "Yeah, but He's there!  Even when you can't feel Him or see Him or hear Him, He's there!  And He can always hear and see you!  Any time you talk to Him or need Him, He is there.  And He loves you!"


"Like you?"

"Even MORE than Mommy.  Because He MADE you!!  And I asked Him for you, and He gave you to me!  And every day, I say thank you!"


"He gave you me?"

"Yes!"


"And He gave me to me?"

"Uhhhhhh..."


"No, God gave you to me?"

"YESSSSS."


Looking at her heart and talking really loud: "THANK YOU JESUS."

oh man.  There has been no sweeter part of motherhood so far than sharing precious conversations about the Only One who loves her more than I do...the One who takes care of Lily better than I'll ever be able to.   Lily's starting to know Jesus, and it makes both she and I so happy...

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ahhhh, that brought tears to my eyes...doesn't get much better than that! :-)