Monday, March 14, 2011

be careful little eyes

Every morning when Lily wakes up and comes down the hall, she sees the same thing...Matt sitting in his chair under his blanket, cup of coffee on the table next to him with his Bible open on his lap.

We never realized Lily even noticed this until tonight, when she was sitting in his chair, grabbed her Bible, got under the sheet and then said, "Poppy, get my coffee!"


It was too cute, and reminded us all over again how much she is growing, learning and being shaped JUST by what she sees and hears, even that which she cannot understand.

It's a little unnerving, knowing how much who we are each day, behind closed doors and in our personal "normal" life, not just in our ministry/work/public life, will shape who Lily is and who she will be!  Also is making us all the more aware of how important it is that the people in her life model Christ to her!

I'm 28 weeks today, and my weekly email tells me that now it is time to start seeing the doctor every two weeks instead of monthly :)  Got it!  FYI on our "plan"...school ends May 7th and graduation is May 8th.  I'm going to try to stick it out, and Lily and I plan to leave on May 9th, right after 36 weeks.  We'll be heading for Columbus, Ohio.  Matt plans to stay a few more days to close things down, then he'll be spending a bit of time speaking in Virginia and then in Texas up until the very end of May.

Hopefully, Sofie won't be early!  So far, so good...I feel good, if not a bit tired and a bit more uncomfortable, and Sof is kicking so much that today I could see my stomach shifting and bumping.

Grateful for these girls that He has entrusted us with!

1 comment:

martin said...

But is she reading commentarys yet?! LOL!