Monday, December 1, 2008

baby shower!

Yesterday my sister threw me the most beautiful baby shower, attended by friends from all over Ohio and a few from PA! We had SUCH a wonderful day! Most of the people there were from my childhood church, women that taught with my mother, families that I baby-sat for (or that baby-sat me!), friends from high school and even a friend from college!



We ate AWESOME food, all of which Lisa made, opened presents and had some good time to catch up! Lily got some beautiful things, everything from toys and books to blankets, little outfits, one of them handmade, baby care supplies, a diaper bag...etc. We are so blessed to have all these necessary little baby things, and about a fourth of the people there were women who bought similar gifts for my mom when I was born...how special!


For the baby shower activity, Lisa had bought and begun a beautiful scrapbook for Lily, and had a huge basket of craft supplies. Everyone that attended made a page for the scrapbook, with gorgeous stamps and ribbons and paper, and everyone signed their page. We then put all the pages in the book, giving me a full and complete scrapbook...just waiting for Lily photos!

Haitian vanilla with a cookie cutter and recipe was the favor, and right after everyone left we rushed Lisa off to the airport, sending her back to Chicago for her last three weeks of teaching before Christmas break.


Matt and I had SUCH a wonderful time, and felt SO very loved. Everything was beautiful, and the best part was just having so many women there that have blessed and enriched our lives and who have been a part of my mom's life, my life, my sister's life, and now Lily's! Thank you all for coming!!!

2 comments:

Casey, Laura, Nico, & Lucia said...

Thank you so much for putting these up! I wish I could have been there. Lisa did a GREAT job!.

Love ya.
Laura

Sue said...

I scapbook all of the time and would love to make a page for your book. Would I still be able to do that? Let me know what size and kind the pages are, I may even have some at home. I was so sorry to have to leave before the scrapbooking but I did need to spend a little time at the other shower. I got there after they finished eating and just as they were opening gifts. Let me know about the scrapbook page.
Love, Sue Porter