Friday, October 24, 2008

"teacher, you are very big"

Lily must be hitting that "growth spurt" my pregnancy books keep talking about, because this morning even one of my students (to the hearty agreement of my class) proclaimed the fact that I am noticeably bigger than I was a week or two ago. Our secretary saw me speaking to a non-pregnant woman yesterday, and joyfully remarked: "Look, big belly talking to little belly!"

Ah, the joys of having your body live in one cultural state, and your mind living in another :) I'm trying not to think about how much weight I've gained and am focusing on how healthy Lily must be :)

I'm working overtime to get things prepared for me to leave November 17th...I will be able to do most of my marketing work from the States, but am putting things together for someone to cover my English classes, and for someone to feed Matt! If Lily would tell us her exact due date, and if we knew exactly how long it was going to take to get her passport, we'd be able to plan a little better :) ! All in the Lord's timing...

After feeling pretty sick this past week, and rather emotional, dear Matt took me out for lunch today, something that is incredibly difficult and inconvenient here...it was very sweet of him! I continue to be SO grateful for him, and look forward to being a parent with him!

Give or take...62 more days!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Here's an encouragement regarding passports. I recently got Austin's passport and it was just under three weeks from the time we turned everything in until the time the passport arrived.

Carl and Lois said...

We rejoice as we follow little Lily Sue's progress. How wonderful to realize you will soon hold this precious gift in your arms. Life will never again be the same. Lily will fill your hearts with joy, and keep you hopping!

Sending special love,
Carl. Lois, and Rebecca