Sunday, July 13, 2008

4 months and a mini baby-shower!

We're past the four month mark now, and the baby is making him/herself more and more known. Not only is he/she obviously growing, but he's also often shifting from side to side, and she's making me ridiculously tired. After speaking for just the first two services on Sunday morning, baby made it quite clear that she was ready to be done whether I was finished or not, and by the time we got at 3:30, I was so tired I could barely make it up the stairs. I slept soundly for 4 1/2 hours without waking up once...wow. Now the baby has forgiven me, but I'm still quite ready for bed.
We had the most wonderful blessing Saturday evening. Matt's father's cousins came to hear us speak at Cornerstone Church, and afterwards came back to the house for dinner. After dinner, they completely surprised Matt and I with some GORGEOUS gifts...a few beautiful bibs and onsies, as well as three AMAZING maternity outfits for me. Each item was selected to be PERFECT for Haiti...three skirts and three matching tops and matching baby/mom nightgowns. Marcelle and George also gave us some hats for Haiti, complete with LED lights for my "the power is out and I'm trying to make dinner!" experiences, and a pregnancy journal. Everything was gorgeous and soft and beautiful...I was so floored and touched by such amazing kindness, and they picked out everything with such obvious care. It was something I will remember for a long time, and I must admit, it is so fun to have a few little baby things!!! George and Marcelle, THANK YOU so much!!!
July 24th is scheduled for our last medical appointment and hopefully to find out if this baby is a little boy or girl. We can't wait!!!

No comments: