Saturday, April 14, 2012

bekàn & tutu

A few weeks ago, we said "Lily!  Your new friends are coming soon, and they'll be riding bikes...if you want to ride with them you've GOT to learn to pedal by yourself."  Well, after that, over and over again every day she worked and with a few tricks from Junior and the reminder that the kids were coming, she did it!  But now that they're here, she's a master :)  She is ALL over the place!
 And Sofie is so close to walking that we're just days away.  She won't hold both hands any more, but wants to walk with as little help as possible, and yesterday (accidentally) took three steps to me from Maxi like it was pie.  

LITTLE MATT right here, folks.

Lily is saying so much funny stuff lately.  A few days ago she asked a visitor, "Do you think I could get away with taking off my shirt?"  Then on Wednesday, she said, "Whoa, Mom, I just thought to myself, that bell is SO loud" which was the first time I've heard her refer to thinking to herself.  


 She LOVES her new friends and is especially enthralled with Azi (4)...she wants to be with the kids constantly.  But then today she asked all day to go visit Noel's house, asking if Sofie and Mommy could stay home.  I finally told her the three of us could go, and she had a blast running around the yard like crazy with Noel's nieces and nephews.  I'm thrilled she's getting so much better with being around kids her age...though I must admit...I'm missing my girl :(  She's way less interested in Momma than she was just a few weeks ago!
Then I came home from work yesterday, picked up Sofie, who saw the dog, pointed, and said clear as day, "Tu-Tu!" (Creole slang for dog).  Micheline and Noel were grinning, because for all I've worked with her on "Doggie", they've been working just as hard on "Tu-Tu."  

Lily's first word was "Doggie", and Sofie's, as well :) 

I love my girls...so many of my smiles begin with them!

2 comments:

elisa said...

ahhh i can't wait to see them both! :)

Amber said...

That is all so wonderful to hear! The pic of Lily on the steps is adorable!! She looks sooo much older there!