Monday, December 5, 2011

baby Jesus

 Today Lily asked for "little pigtail nubby-nubs" which ended up meaning she wanted something like this.  She looked like a little bug all day :)  She also officially rode her bike today for the first time ever all by herself...she's got it!
 She is spending a TON of time each day, on her own, playing with her daily handmade ornaments (today we made clothespin Mary, yesterday fan-skirt Gabriel, and tomorrow, Elizabeth and Mary with big bellies) and her beloved nativity set.  I'm telling you, Lily has never spent as much time with a toy as she does with this Little People nativity set.  

She is telling everyone, and I mean EVERYONE about Jesus, the light of the world, Jesus, the big king of all kings, Zacharias, who didn't believe God and God closed His mouth, Gabriel and Mary.

Today, she had the wise men living in the book case, the shepherds watching over their flocks under the couch, and baby Jesus' house on the coffee table.  The wise men (named Elisa, Maria and Maxi) came to visit baby Jesus and to bring Him his birthday presents.  

"What are they giving Him, Lily?" I asked, curious as to what she would say about the little gold jars in their hands.  

"Ummm." She said, "They're giving Him Dora shirts!"
 At least she wanted baby Jesus to get the very best :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

We're doing Truth in the Tinsel, too! I love it!!

elisa said...

AHH! Love her! Glad I made it as one of the wise men... :)

elisa said...

ha ha!!! I love it! (this is really elisa this time!) I guess we are good at bringing babies presents :) such a cute idea and sounds like she is really catching on! I'm sure baby Jesus needed some Dora jams too after being in a stable an all...

Maria said...

Oops...that was supposed to be my comment :)