Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lily talk


When working on her colors with crayons: 

“Lily, what color is this?”

“I dunno.  What color is this, Mommy?” holding up a green crayon.

“That’s green, hunnie.  Green.”

“That is right!  Good job, Mommy!”



Today on the airplane, trying to get her back into Creole:

“Lily, buckle your seatbelt, kon-sa.”  (like this).

“Mommy, why you talkin’ to me like that?”



Trying to explain where Aunt Lisa went in “baby terms”:

“She went bye-bye, hunnie.”

“No, no Mom, where did Aunt Lisa GO?”

“Well, she’s at work.”

“NOooo, Mom.  Common.”

“She’s at the airport?” I finally said, not sure what she was looking for.

“NO, mom.”  Big sigh.  “Aunt Lisa is in DENVER, and she is sad because she misses me!”

2 comments:

Amber said...

Ha ha ha ha, awesome!

Jennifer said...

OK, we keep reading this blog entry because it makes us smile and giggle! Erika is sitting in my chair with me this morning reading your blog. I read (again) to her this entry and we laughed. Steve is sitting in the kitchen, heard me read it and laughed saying "she is such a sharp little girl." We miss you guys!