Thursday, July 21, 2011

the girls

Does every mom feel mom-guilt with a second baby?  I'm not spending nearly as much time or attention on Lily as I did before Sofie came because of Sofie, and I'm not spending as much time or attention on Sofie as I did when Lily was this age because of Lily, and no matter how much I try, I can't seem to double myself.

I keep trying to tell myself that all that is important is that they both feel loved and cherished and secure...hopefully :)

I know I say this all the time, but Lily is a HOOT.  The other day when Matt finished replacing all the screens, Lily said, "Dad, you did a lot of work!  That was really nice!  Good job!"

She lectures the cat and dog and baby dolls, follows Micheline around the house, chatters constantly, names all of her doll babies "Julie" after our physical therapist friend that used to live her (calling them Happy Julie, Black Julie, Little Julie) and when someone speaks to her in Creole and she doesn't understand, she responds in her own Creole, ie: "Doggie rice not gonna rain Mommy toy little movie!  OK?"

Before breakfast even begins, she is a hot, sweaty, sticky, dirty, usually half naked, happy little girl.

And Sofie...what a joy!  The heat has her conked out quiet a bit, but when she wakes up she is all big eyes, furrowed forehead, and easy to get a smile out of.  She loves staring at the lights and ceiling fans, and any kind of baby talk or funny sound can get a big grin.  She's always kicking like crazy, loves bath time, and is the gruntiest, squeakiest baby I've ever been around.

She loves staring at her sister, who loves petting her head and squealing, "Aw! She's so cute!"  She's hit 11 pounds, and everyone keeps raving about what a huge baby boy we have :)  Without hair and without pierced ears, she will just have to be "a boy" for a while!



 Lily's versions of exercising with Mommy :)

3 comments:

martin said...

you're going to need a bigger bed -Mom needs naps too!

Amber said...

They sound so precious together :)

edlers at emmaus said...

this makes me a little sad that Lilly remembers me and I am not there anymore. Hope you guys are doing great, and I hope to see your lovely wee baby one day. Love Julie