Friday, April 15, 2011

toddler prayers and spunk

This girl is just hilarious!  The more she learns to say, the more fun she is :)

Last night we were praying before dinner, and frequently she jumps in with a few of her own praises.  This time, she gave a few: "Mesi pou Micheline.  Mesi pou Lizzie.  Mesi pou Josephine", then adds, "Mesi pou princesses.  And Mesi for Lizzie's panties!"

When Elizabeth Easley left a few weeks ago, she left behind a few pairs of underwear that were too small. Lily has been thrilled with the gift, but I know it was the first time I've every prayed for underwear.

She's also into this new "I don't love you" game.

"Do you love Mommy?" I'll ask her, and she'll get this mischievous look on her face, and say with a grin, "NO, don't love Mommy!" then she starts running...I chase her around the house and tickle her to death, giving her lots of chances to change her mind.  But she NEVER does...she'll always catch her breath, say, "NOT!" and start running again.

So last night at bedtime, we had read books and sang our songs, and she was being super cuddly.  I took advantage of the moment and said, "Lily, do you love Mommy?"  Sleepily, she said, "Mmmm-hmmm."  I grinned and kissed her, and got up to leave.

"Mommy?" she called me back, and as soon as I made out her little grin I knew what was coming.  She pulled my ear down to her mouth, and whispered, "Not!"

Ornery, ornery, ornery.  These have to be some of the sweetest days in life...precious moments with our children, just working to make sure that they know they are loved, His, unique and valued.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

She's a hoot! : ) Glad we could make you all smile.