Friday, April 1, 2011

10 weeks left & 10 things I hate about being pregnant

I have been saving this special blog to commemorate being 30 weeks pregnant.  Sofie, someday when you are reading this, know that this is not personal.  I LOVE having you in my life.  I just don't like having you in my stomach!  This is why...

1) I constantly have a food, flour, or water line on my shirt because my belly will not stay out of the dishwater, dinner plate or mixing bowl

2) Walking around with a sore back and with a waddle makes me feel OLD.

3) I am SO tired of being called "Big Person" or "Big Belly" all the time.

4) The students won't stop throwing themselves flat on the opposite wall of the hallway when I pass and laugh hysterically at the idea that I am too big to walk around.

5) When I'm in the States, I always get disapproving glares from people when they see that I am pregnant, despite the ring on my finger or the husband beside me.  (at least I think I do.  Matt says I'm too self-conscious)

6) I am 10 degrees hotter than everyone else all the time.  Hunnie, if we lived in Russia, I would love this.  But it is already 100 degrees...you're killing me.

7) Picking things, or your sister, up off the floor should NOT be this difficult, awkward or funny looking.

8) There is a reason we wear shirts over our belly buttons.   It is so no one has to SEE our belly buttons.  Stop pushing mine out!

9)  I HATE being asked by the pastor during the introduction of visitors on Sundays to please stand up and turn around so that everyone can get a better view of "how big you are."

10)  You are making traveling on these roads PAINFUL.  I hurt for days after an hour in the car with you, and you probably do, too.   We are both going to love your car-seat so much more than our current arrangement!

and I can't see my feet.  and you kick me awake at night.  and I have almost no lap left for Lily.  and I have to pee all the time.  Ok, so maybe I have more than 10 reasons!

Hard to believe that April is here and that life will be so drastically changing at the end of May!

6 comments:

elisa said...

well as uncomfortable as you are...you are the cutest, prettiest pregnant person i have ever seen. you make it look easy :) love you!

Amber said...

AWWW, BUT YOU'RE SO PRETTY!! :-)

Unknown said...

No one is giving you bad looks because you're pregnant, it's probably because they wished they could have looked like you when they were pregnant. You look awesome!

Unknown said...

That was from me, Laura:)

Deb Torell said...

And hopefully you haven't spilled water on your stomach this time :) You just never know!

Lisa said...

i love this. Thank you!!