Friday, August 2, 2013

the funny things they say (and wear)

Lily: "Mom, who IS she, in OUR family?" (pointing at Great-Grandma).

Me: "Well, that's MY Mommy's Mommy."

Lily: "But, YOUR Mommy is in heaven."

Me: "Right."

Lily, pointing at Great-Grandma.  "Soooo.  Well, is SHE still living?"

The look on my grandma's face while patted herself down, just to check, was PRICELESS.
Heading upstairs with Sofie and Lily.

Sofie, charging ahead: "I'm gonna WEEEENNN!"

Me: "You gonna get to the top first?"

Sofie: "Me no rotten egg!  Whoo!"
Lily, from the backseat: "Mom, which way are we gonna turn?"

Me: "We're going to turn LEFT."

Lily, so impressed: "WOW.  How did you LEARN all that stuff in your head?"

Me: "Well, I guess my mom showed and taught me a lot of things when I was a kid, and I still have them in my head."

Lily: "WOW.  You should keep putting stuff in my head, ok?"
Bedtime with Lily: "Mom, WHEN are we going back to Haiti?"

"Three days."

Lily: "YAY!  I am so excited.  There's only one thing I'm not looking forward to."

"Aw, what?"

Lily: "Elli and Dani won't be there"  and SOBBING.  

sigh.  they won't :(
Lily: "Where are we going?"

Grandpa: "To Smokey Bones, for dinner."

a few minutes of other conversation.

Lily: "Are we almost to Dusty Ribs? I'm HUNGRY!"
Watching rat basketball at the science center yesterday, after 2 minutes.

Lily: "Ah, those rats should be dead.  We kill our rats.  Let's go look at something else."

Sofie:  "Me HOLD it!  PULEEEZE?  Me HOLD it!"




We discovered it's hard to play putt-putt with Sofie.
Or really, to do ANYTHING.



3 comments:

elisa said...

Dusty Ribs? That child is most definitely your daughter. already making things up...she just didn't have a chance :)

Maria said...

Love them! I wish we could see them (and you!) one last time before you head back!!!

Amber said...

That had me laughing out loud!