Friday, April 5, 2013

easy peasy

Absolutely NOTHING has been easy with Sofie.  Sofie made Lily seem a breeze.  Sofie has sold us on the small family thing.  Sofie has made us compassionate for crazy-kidded parents.

Until now.  She potty trained herself, in like 2 days, because she wanted to.


Like, I had no intention of even starting to talk to her about it until she was at least two, because Sofie likes to do stuff the hard way.  And two weeks ago, she's coming to me, "Mommy, new diaper, wet."  "Mommy, new diaper, stinky" and so we pull out Lily's old frog potty, and the toddler step, the neighbors gave us a "I love my potty book" and bam...she's had an average of one accident a day since, is waking up dry in the morning asking for her potty, and doesn't need m&ms or stickers or...anything.

huh.

I'd think maybe those challenging days with Sofie are behind us, except I found her in MY bed yesterday afternoon with a FISTful of brown sugar she'd pushed a chair into the kitchen, climbed on, stole out of the pantry, and ran to hide in my bed.  

we'll take our victories :)







1 comment:

Amber said...

That's FABULOUS!!! I always dread the whole potty training thing, but way to go Sofie!!

hilarious on the brown sugar thing...she sounds a bit ornery!! She's certainly independent huh?! hahahaha...that's good, but oh so hard sometimes :)