Thursday, October 18, 2012

BEST quotes from school

Mom:  "Lily, what did you do for game day today?"

Lily: "Well, we were gonna do jump rope."

Mom: "Ooo!  That sounds fun.  Was it fun?"

Lily: "Well, two big girls brought our teacher the jump rope, and we were gonna do it, but then two silly boys got in a fight, and they were hitting each other."

Mom: "Oh no!"

Lily:  "Yeah.  So, the teacher tied them up with the jump rope, and then we couldn't do jump rope.  So...  that was it."

Mom:  "Oh.  Oh my.  Well, that's not good!"

Lily:  "Nope.  I'm NEVER gonna hit anybody!"

Mom:  "Good lesson."




Mom:  "So, did you draw any pictures in school today?"

Lily:  "Oh yeah, I was drawing lots of pictures."

Mom:  "Oh good!  Did your teacher like them?"

Lily:  "Well, no.  She said not to, because she was teaching."

Mom:  "Ohhhh.  So, did you stop?"

Lily:  "Well, then I put my notebook on the bench beside me, and drew pictures so she couldn't see with the girl next to me."

Mom:  "Ummmm.  I think you're pretty well adjusting to being a student!"




Mom:  "Who did you play with on the playground today?"

Lily:  "Well....Azi.....and a bunch of other girls.  Not with the stinky boys."

Mom:  "Oh.  And what did you all do?"

Lily:  "Well, first we were playing on the bouncy thing, but all the girls kept trying to hold my hands, and I can't do that when everyone is holding my hands, and they were all saying, ti-blanc, ti-blanc (small foreigner) and then my teacher came to them and said, "Don't call her ti-blanc!  Call her ti-Lily!" And so then everyone called me ti-Lily, and I was laughing so hard, but I still didn't want to hold everybody's hands, cause I just wanna PLAY, mom."

Mom:  "Huh.  Well, did that make you feel upset?  When they were calling you ti-blanc?"

Lily:  "Oh no.  I was just laughing and laughing, and then Azi stepped on my finger.  That made me feel upset!"

Mom:  "Oh.  Well....  Good!"




Mom:  "So what is your favorite part of school?"

Lily:  "When we all get in the big line, and I hold onto the girls backpack in front of me, and someone holds onto my backpack and we all walk through the yard.  It's like a big train.  I am in the middle.  That's the best, except I would like to be in the front, and take the train all over the place."

Mom:  "You like to be the leader?"

Lily:  "NO.  I don't want to be the leader, I just want to be in the front and take the train everywhere."

Mom:  "Oh.  Good."



Mom, upon seeing her refuse to hold Alexandra's hand: "Hey Lily, when someone wants to hold your hand, sometimes it's nice to hold their hand, too."

Lily: "Yeah, but I don't want to hold people's hands if I don't know their names."

Mom:  "Oh, I see.  Well, that's Alexandra.  You can call her Alex."

Lily:  "Oh, OK."

Mom:  "So, do you want to hold Alex's hand?"

Lily:  "No, not really.  Why does everyone always want to hold hands!?"

Mom:  "I don't know.  That's kind of how it is in Haiti.  People want to be your friend, and want to hold hands."

Lily:  "Well, I want to be a no-hand friend.  Ok?"





6 comments:

Nate and Molly said...

This is AWESOME.

Unknown said...

I can't stop laughing!! SO sweet!

bex said...

ah Stace - that's a special one you've got there... very clever, very funny, very awesome! I love you all and miss you!

elisa said...

Ah I love that girl. she says the best things. she has a good mama :)

Aunt Lee said...

She is such a little genius :)

Amber said...

This is a laugh out loud post!! Oh so funny :) Loved it!