Wednesday, March 7, 2012

my leader

We just can't shake this sick!  Sofi had a 101 fever today and was downright miserable, Lily and I still have hacking coughs, and nobody is sleeping through the night yet...yuck!


However, when trying to keep them distracted from their misery today, we girls went on a long walk and played in the yard and garden with the guys.  We learned how to know when carrots are ready, how to find the sweet potatoes, how to identify all the different plants, how to get veggies started, got to eat some parsley and tomatoes, and really had a good time hanging out...the weather was just gorgeous today!


On our way to the garden:


Mom: "I'm following the leader, the leader, the leader, I'm following the leader, wherever she may go!"


Lily:  "Mom, stop.  I'm not the leader.  I'm a PERSON."


Mom:  "Well, leaders can be people, too.  You don't want to be the leader?"


Lily:  "No, I'm a person.  I don't like to be the leader."


Mom:  "Oh, I think you do."


Lily:  "No, I don't.  You be the leader.  I'll walk behind you.  Ok, go."


Mom:  "Ok.  I'm following the leader, the leader, the leader..."


Lily:  "No, Mom.  Not that way.  The leader is supposed to go THIS way.  Go this way, leader!"

3 comments:

martin said...

:)

Lori said...

Oh..... She is most certainly the Leader :)

Amber said...

That's a leader talking :)