Friday, February 11, 2011

valentine heartbreak

Matt's Valentine's gift from Lily and I came on Wednesday afternoon while Matt was at work.  Lily and I opened it, she gushed over it, we wrapped it, and then joyfully hid it in a kitchen cabinet.  She had such a good time with the whole thing, telling me "Shhhh!  Surprise for Poppy!" over and over.

However, a few hours later when he walked in the door, she attacked him.  "Poppy!  Present for you!  Come! I show you!" and led him to the cabinet.  "SHHHH!" she told him, "It's coffee for you! Surprise!  LOOK!!!"


(it's actually a coffee MUG, but hey, he got the picture)

So I said, "Oh no, Lily!  That's for Valentin'es day!  Not until Monday...later...pita!

Man, did Mommy break her heart.  She looked stricken, and then started just BAWLING, wailing into Daddy's shirt with huge tears, unconsolable.  She was SO excited to have something special for Daddy...it was heartbreaking!  Hopefully Monday, when we do it all over again, she'll forgive me.  This girl loves her Poppy :)




No comments: